Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week 7: Technology, oh how I love thee

Email is the first time technology made a significant impact on me. I used to write my best friend often, but as time went by the letters became fewer. However, with email we may email anywhere from three times a week to three times a day. It has allowed me to stay in contact even though we are separated by over a thousand miles. Then came playing online games where we could play cribbage or hearts together. It enabled us to have real time communication.


Ah, but then came other online games where I began playing with people from all over the world. Some of these people I’ve played with for over five years now.


And paying bills online! How fantastic is that? No more writing checks. Online chat help. Email alerts. Online movie times, news, fanfiction, shopping, book reviews, and information galore! An iPhone that lets me have access to the Internet ALL THE TIME! Including maps so I never get lost again!


Oh, and um, yeah, lots of information valuable for work related stuff, too.

No comments: