Thursday, November 29, 2007

Week 10: The End

When I first heard about the 23 Things assignment, I was very excited. I love learning new and cool things that can be done with the computer. I thought I would learn oodles of new things.

Okay, so some things I already knew about (I’ve probably spent waaaay too much time on YouTube the last couple of years), and some things I had only heard about that I hadn’t given a chance (I’d roll my eyes at the thought of blogging). And some things I know that I had a strong preference for that were not on the list (I prefer slides.com to flickr and I prefer linksagogo to del.icio.us). But that only goes to illustrate just how many useful tools that we have at our disposal, if we can find them.

I did come away with many sites that I can no longer live without. Zoho is one of the ones that I think I will get the most use out of one a professional level. It is a very handy tool for those who did not bring a disk or flash drive. LibraryThing is going to be tremendously helpful in keeping track of collections. The HCPL eBooks site and Librivox will be great to recommend to those looking for audio books.

On a personal level, I love the avatars and some of the other creative sites. Some of us have bounced around the idea of librarian trading cards.

Oh, and blogging and wikis have turned out to be more useful than I thought it would.

I was not disappointed in the number or cool new things I learned. I made sure to bookmark my favorites, and have been sharing them with anyone I thought would be interested.

It’s been great fun! I hope that we don’t stop learning though, and that we share any new noteworthy sites that we might stumble upon.

Thanks. :O)

No comments: